Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions

+29
Eikun Godafroy
Shounic
thedobaga
Kirbyfan42
halfangelfreak
kosheh
TerminX
Luigimanman
Blaze [KF]
Cristian
Lock[EE]
Chaosvii7
Organix
Eriko Hemming
Spaghetti
crazystuntdouble
theyellafella
Nini
Deus Ex Angelo
Nac
Suliboy
itsameSMB
Korah Hyoutetsu
[GDKN]
A-Punk
KAZECoyote
LivingShadow
Deciton_Reven
~Chozo~
33 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Empty Re: Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions

Post by Deciton_Reven Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:32 am

kosheh wrote:Every character looks lame except Chozo lol

If there's no limit I'm gonna go ahead and sketch up a few characters. I'm no GDKN or Nini (?) but I've got like two characters in mind already.

K, now tells us the individual reason each character looks lame.
Deciton_Reven
Deciton_Reven

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Empty Re: Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions

Post by Deus Ex Angelo Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:55 am

Lame?
Deus Ex Angelo
Deus Ex Angelo

Number of posts : 302

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsameSMB Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:02 pm

Deciton_Reven wrote:

If there's no limit I'm gonna go ahead and sketch up a few characters. I'm no GDKN or Nini (?) but I've got like two characters in mind already.

I'd imagine it'd be something like:
KAZE's character: idk
Morchan: lol RPG Maker XP character edit
Korah: lol swordsman
Sam E.: rofl everything
GDKN's character: lol wrestler
Duex: lol Duex
Anna: etc.
itsameSMB
itsameSMB

Male Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Ex Angelo Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:08 pm

itsameSMB wrote:
Deciton_Reven wrote:

KAZE's character: idk
GDKN's character: lol wrestler
Deux: lol Deux
Fixed,
Deus Ex Angelo
Deus Ex Angelo

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by KAZECoyote Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Deus Ex Angelo wrote:
itsameSMB wrote:
Deciton_Reven wrote:

Mamoru: idk
GDKN's character: lol Sting the wrestler
Deux: lol Deux
Fixed,
Fixed*
KAZECoyote
KAZECoyote
Admin

Male Number of posts : 202

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Actions:

http://coyote12.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kosheh Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Korah Hyoutetsu wrote:
~Chozo~ wrote:

=]
=[
My comment didn't include the already approved characters - they're fine and that's why they're in the game x3
Deciton_Reven wrote:K, now tells us the individual reason each character looks lame.
Gladly!
Note I'm not looking at stats too seriously - which, most characters have rather generic ones. Most of the flaws are in character design; if you want to make a GOOD character you've got to get the courage to detach yourself from that character as much as possible - otherwise they'll turn into a Mary Sue and you'll become so paranoid that they won't be able to even throw a fireball without your permission if it means the characters gets hurt.

(i just saw while adding my post...lol, itsame)

Nini - looks too Angsty Sue with the "dark Nini" form.
Internet - pretty clever, but seems out of place in a game with blade-wielders and shirtless goth rockers. Seems a cross between "too good to leave out" and "slight godmod". You can balance out the Internet, but then he'd be incredibly underpowered!
Techdragon: He's a giant mechanical dragon. Why is he one of the fastest, more powerful characters?
The only way to make Techdragon work is as a giant, slow faux-final boss (a mini-boss, but still not THE final boss) with super armor. Then I could fight him all day and night.
Fire Blade: Generic. Wields a flaming sword. uhm
Jak: Cool character design (part skater, part Blues Brother) but he seems rather weak. If he's a water elemental and agility based what's he going to do, run across the stage shooting a water gun? >_>
Ben: He's the sword grabbing guy. I've seen this dude. Besides his stats (which look like he excels in agility while average in all else)
Okay, now look at his character design.
Chozo: Character design needs some work. I like how KFire's reppin' the Mulatto (usually it's white, black or ...Chun Li) but her backstory is too Spiderman-ish.
King Nergal: TBH, if he took his crown off while fighting and didn't stand so rigidly he'd look awesome. Neutral
Eriko: I like this character design somewhat, however she also has the Mary Sue problem. "i was teased all my life T__T but look at me now ^___^"
Itoya: OH GOD WHAT IS THIS POWER I WILL USE IT TO ATTACK THE NINJAS IN MY SCHOOL
Wristblades will also make for some really awkward attacks, being all he could possibly do is stab people by doing kung-fu-movie tiger paws
Mochran: Actually looks pretty good, just a little bland of an outfit. Maybe if he had a longer shirt-tail?
Chaos: A Gary Stu with DEMON WINGS AND A TAIL GRAAAAH
Lock: ...what? Any hit he takes is going to be a punch to the face!
Dracovirus: daschund dragon with internet breath :I
Chris: Uhm, a gambler. One day people are like KILL CHRIS and then Chris sees a SWOOORD and all of a sudden HE FIGHTS JAGUARS AND THEN AS A PRIZE HE HAS A ROBOTIC FACE
what? Also when you need prosthetics...uh, how on earth did he fight a pack of jaguars and win without being suddenly being unable to see, smell or hear? Unless he lost, then he's kind of a dope to just go and fight some lions for the hell of it.
Blaze: he's like all the bleach guys but with fire powers ):
Parker: a tracksuit shirt and jeans? :/ HI THIS IS THE FBI WE KILLED YOUR DAD
YOUR DAD WAS BAD
Living Shadow: ...I don't know what to say <_<
Glitch feels suspiciously like a Spiderman character. I'm not sure a Marvel character quite fits with the character designs in the game.
Grange looks pretty decent? That story, BEST NINJA EVER WENT TO HELL NOW THE DEVIL'S HIGH-RANKED ASSASSIN WHO SCOURS THE EARTH FOR A FIGHT
it's
what

Sam E. is...wow, really hard to criticize. xD He doesn't fit at all with the current cast of hardasses, has no backstory whatsoever and just...
he's a nerd, wtf. The only criticism is that I hear he's a character that "punishes for lag and messups", which pretty much describes any character in a fighting game. Razz
Even in a game like Smash Bros., Ike can do that. It just depends on the player's skill <_<

But yeah, most of the issues are in character design - look at Korah, GDKN, and how eccentric their designs are. THAT'S how a character should look.
Most of these characters are wearing typical everyday highschooler clothing and wielding a giant sword, or an obvious sprite edit. Some aren't but they've got their own design issues.

and then everyone on Eutopia hated kosheh in just one post.

Last edited by kosheh on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
kosheh
kosheh

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Korah Hyoutetsu Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:52 pm

kosheh wrote:
Korah Hyoutetsu wrote:
~Chozo~ wrote:

=]
=[
My comment didn't include the already approved characters - they're fine and that's why they're in the game x3
Oh...

Then I agree. Awesome!
Korah Hyoutetsu
Korah Hyoutetsu

Male Number of posts : 287

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

http://blizzardblade.forummotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by itsameSMB Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:01 pm

kosheh wrote:Sam E. is...wow, really hard to criticize. xD
He doesn't fit at all with the current cast of hardasses,
True...
kosheh wrote:has no backstory whatsoever and just...
he's a nerd, wtf.
Point taken...
kosheh wrote:The only criticism is that I hear he's a character that "punishes for lag and messups", which pretty much describes any character in a fighting game. :P
Even in a game like Smash Bros., Ike can do that. It just depends on the player's skill <_<
What I meant is he does it more towards the extreme, but... aw, damn it. If I need to qualify it, the point's been made.
itsameSMB
itsameSMB

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by kosheh Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Korah Hyoutetsu wrote:
kosheh wrote:
Korah Hyoutetsu wrote:
~Chozo~ wrote:

=]
=[
Oh...

Then I agree. Awesome!
Actually, if you want me to get picky about Korah, the only thing that I don't like about him is the way he holds his sword - it looks like it's incredibly cumbersome. When lifting the sword it's going to have him taking a few frames to do so, like Ike.
Also hypothetical situation - Korah's enemy could just put their foot on his sword and pin it to the ground . Even if it means half their leg freezing up, Korah would have difficulty lifting the blade from under their solid-planted foot and they'd have the opportunity to strike at his exposed midsection.
If he held the sword behind him, you'd be able to execute more attacks in less time because most of the animations would usually be having Korah swing the blade past his midsection and upward into the enemy's face, rather than him taking the blade, shift the weight behind him and then finally swinging the sword.

If Korah can hold the sword in one hand only while standing or jumping, do it. If not, it's not the end of the world but consider changing up the way Korah holds his sword. He could hold it two-handed during attacks for the sake of precision, but the sword really doesn't look particularly heavy, just long. >_>

Itsame: it would own if Sam E. was like Luigi or something. Unpredictable momentum, weird move properties and crazy hitboxes where his attacks don't even actually hit the opponent half the time. But it'd be OK because it's Sam E. and Mr. E could get away from it. Because after all - he's just Mr. E to anyone else. A loveable Mr. E.
i.e. the scissor poke, but the damaging hitboxes reaching all the way up his arm and even existing in parts of his leg for no reason at all.
kosheh
kosheh

Back to top Go down

Post by KAZECoyote Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:27 pm

*reads post*
Do i even exist?

*reads again*
oh...

Last edited by KAZECoyote on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
KAZECoyote
KAZECoyote
Admin

Male Number of posts : 202

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Actions:

http://coyote12.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theyellafella Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Response Time
kosheh wrote:
Internet - pretty clever, but seems out of place in a game with blade-wielders and shirtless goth rockers. Seems a cross between "too good to leave out" and "slight godmod". You can balance out the Internet, but then he'd be incredibly underpowered!
Techdragon: He's a giant mechanical dragon. Why is he one of the fastest, more powerful characters?
The only way to make Techdragon work is as a giant, slow faux-final boss (a mini-boss, but still not THE final boss) with super armor. Then I could fight him all day and night.
Dracovirus: daschund dragon with internet breath :I
Internet:
-"pretty clever": thanks
-"seems out of place": I can see that. Sam E. says 'Hi' though.
-"between "too good to leave out" and "slight godmod": ... I was trying to avoid that. But, tell me what about him makes him this way.

Techdragon:
-"giant mechanical dragon": He's not really THAT big. I just forgot to zoom in while drawing in paint. Also, just that one arm is mechanical.
-"fastest": Only that one arm is mechanical, so that reduces some weight. He floats above the ground, thus reducing all ground friction.
-"most powerful": Mechanical arm.

DracoVirus:
-"daschund": I didn't even think of that until you said that. It's actually kind of funny, but it's nothing that redrawing can't fix.

I guess I've covered everything. *goes to redraw DracoVirus*
theyellafella
theyellafella

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by kosheh Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:43 pm

theyellafella wrote:
Internet:
-"pretty clever": thanks
-"seems out of place": I can see that. Sam E. says 'Hi' though.
-"between "too good to leave out" and "slight godmod": ... I was trying to avoid that. But, tell me what about him makes him this way.
Sam E. IS out of place. x3 But your guy came before Sam E.
Internet is...well, Sam E. is a nerd and kind of a joke character [damn guy took my niche D:], while Internetman is pure binary data and embodiment of the World Wide Web.
He's too good to leave out because his character is so clever despite being out of place. However, I feel like Internet in his purest form would be punching with giant Hulk fists and dropping steamrollers on people's heads. You probably have a moveset in mind that is far from this, but it wouldn't be Internet with Dio Brando references and silly memes. It's mostly the name. Razz
If you'd let me make a suggestion towards character development, I'd suggest making him part man, part Internet, part Inspector Gadget.
Part man, giving himself a name like Watson Wilbur Williams (WWW oho) and having a humanoid face, and a trenchcoat that underneath reveals his "net suit" - clearly a suit designed by a man who spent too much time on the Internet, uses the power of binary and downloaded data to create weaponry at will depending on what material (whether that be tutorial videos, or viral videos!) is uploaded to a particular part of his body. In other words, binary can shoot out of his left sleeve or he can transfigure his arm into a squirrel cannon...that shoots out squirrels.

theyellafella wrote:Techdragon:
-"giant mechanical dragon": He's not really THAT big. I just forgot to zoom in while drawing in paint. Also, just that one arm is mechanical.
-"fastest": Only that one arm is mechanical, so that reduces some weight. He floats above the ground, thus reducing all ground friction.
-"most powerful": Mechanical arm.
Oh, okay. So he's like FF7's Barrett (?) but a dragon.
EDIT: I just looked at his picture. <_< I'm gonna try not to be a harsh critic, but ...
how on Earth is he supposed to float above the ground? >_>;
...just now, I realized there's a guy who does such named Rayquaza ...still, what would be considered a jump for that dragon? >_>;

theyellafella wrote:DracoVirus:
-"daschund": I didn't even think of that until you said that. It's actually kind of funny, but it's nothing that redrawing can't fix.

I guess I've covered everything. *goes to redraw DracoVirus*
internet breathed dragon.
I'd suggest making him a bipedal, obese dragon with bionic legs (made to support his girth, otherwise he'd collapse and crush his own legs) and make him like, The Internet's worst nightmare. B)

Last edited by kosheh on Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
kosheh
kosheh

Back to top Go down

Post by [GDKN] Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:45 pm

the internet sounds like one of the most stupidest thing I ever heard.

Its like something unfunny thing you'd see in a low rated flash game on newgrounds.
[GDKN]
[GDKN]

Male Number of posts : 169

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue450/1000Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (450/1000)
Actions:

http://gdkn.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Ex Angelo Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:46 pm

[GDKN] wrote:the internet sounds like one of the most stupidest thing I ever heard.

Its like something unfunny thing you'd see in a low rated flash game on newgrounds.
Newgrounds rumble?
Deus Ex Angelo
Deus Ex Angelo

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by kosheh Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:47 pm

[GDKN] wrote:the internet sounds like one of the most stupidest thing I ever heard.

okay GDKN

imagine SF3's Q
but more like Inspector Gadget with some random-ass mind-boggling appendages
and in his ending sequence he turns out to be a WOW-obsessed neckbeard who manages to score some huntress elf booty.

that's what the Internet should be.
kosheh
kosheh

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Ex Angelo Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:50 pm

kosheh wrote:

okay GDKN

imagine SF3's Q
and in his ending sequence he turns out to be a WOW-obsessed neckbeard who manages to score some huntress elf booty.

I don't think he fits very well.
Deus Ex Angelo
Deus Ex Angelo

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by kosheh Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:55 pm

Deus Ex Angelo wrote:
kosheh wrote:

okay GDKN

imagine SF3's Q

I don't think he fits very well.
WELL
I think he'd be awesome

but yeah, he's too high-tech for the bladewielders and gene simmons.
If he were a final boss he'd be awesome but
"The Internet" would be kind of a dumb name for a final boss

YOU'VE COME ALL THIS WAY, WARRIOR
NOW FIGHT THE INTERNET
kosheh
kosheh

Back to top Go down

Post by itsameSMB Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:59 pm

I think the concept he is based off is cool, but the character itself is lame.
itsameSMB
itsameSMB

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Ex Angelo Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:00 pm

itsameSMB wrote:I think the concept he is based off is cool, but the character itself is lame.
This?
maybe a better name.
Deus Ex Angelo
Deus Ex Angelo

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsameSMB Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:01 pm

Deus Ex Angelo wrote:
itsameSMB wrote:I think the concept he is based off is cool, but the character itself is lame.
This?
maybe a better name.
And new design.
itsameSMB
itsameSMB

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Ex Angelo Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:02 pm

itsameSMB wrote:
Deus Ex Angelo wrote:
This?
maybe a better name.
And new design.
and not a virus..
Deus Ex Angelo
Deus Ex Angelo

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsameSMB Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:10 pm

Basically, my sentiments towards this character can be expressed in one, overused, totally predictable gif:

Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Lolint10

Last edited by itsameSMB on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
itsameSMB
itsameSMB

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by [GDKN] Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:10 pm

kosheh wrote:

okay GDKN

imagine SF3's Q

like i said.
[GDKN]
[GDKN]

Male Number of posts : 169

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue450/1000Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (450/1000)
Actions:

http://gdkn.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Ex Angelo Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:11 pm

itsameSMB wrote:Basically, my sentiments towards this character can be expressed in one, overused, totally predictable gif:

Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 7 Lolint10
I would have gone with Caramelldansen.
Deus Ex Angelo
Deus Ex Angelo

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsameSMB Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:16 pm

I wouldn't, because it doesn't make me want to dance.
itsameSMB
itsameSMB

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next