Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions

+29
Eikun Godafroy
Shounic
thedobaga
Kirbyfan42
halfangelfreak
kosheh
TerminX
Luigimanman
Blaze [KF]
Cristian
Lock[EE]
Chaosvii7
Organix
Eriko Hemming
Spaghetti
crazystuntdouble
theyellafella
Nini
Deus Ex Angelo
Nac
Suliboy
itsameSMB
Korah Hyoutetsu
[GDKN]
A-Punk
KAZECoyote
LivingShadow
Deciton_Reven
~Chozo~
33 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Empty Re: Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions

Post by Deus Ex Angelo Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:17 pm

itsameSMB wrote:I wouldn't, because it doesn't make me want to dance.
can you dance?
Deus Ex Angelo
Deus Ex Angelo

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Empty Re: Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions

Post by KAZECoyote Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:18 pm

[GDKN] wrote:
kosheh wrote:
[GDKN] wrote:the internet sounds like one of the most stupidest thing I ever heard.

Its like something unfunny thing you'd see in a low rated flash game on newgrounds.
okay GDKN

imagine SF3's Q
but more like Inspector Gadget with some random-ass mind-boggling appendages
and in his ending sequence he turns out to be a WOW-obsessed neckbeard who manages to score some huntress elf booty.

that's what the Internet should be.
like i said.

Id rather use pencil sketch for someone like that, multiple weapons and wutnot, easy to sprite. he has a Eutopia sprite btw.
KAZECoyote
KAZECoyote
Admin

Male Number of posts : 202

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Actions:

http://coyote12.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Ex Angelo Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:19 pm

KAZECoyote wrote:
[GDKN] wrote:
kosheh wrote:
[GDKN] wrote:the internet sounds like one of the most stupidest thing I ever heard.

Its like something unfunny thing you'd see in a low rated flash game on newgrounds.
okay GDKN

imagine SF3's Q
and in his ending sequence he turns out to be a WOW-obsessed neckbeard who manages to score some huntress elf booty.

like i said.

Id rather use pencil sketch for someone like that, multiple weapons and wutnot, easy to sprite. he has a Eutopia sprite btw.
I say yes To Pencil Sketch.

becuz he is master race.
and I've seen it.

Now to beg and pester KAZE.
Deus Ex Angelo
Deus Ex Angelo

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue10000/10000Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (10000/10000)
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Korah Hyoutetsu Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:55 pm

kosheh wrote:King Nergal: TBH, if he took his crown off while fighting and didn't stand so rigidly he'd look awesome. Neutral
I just noticed this.
Personally, I like the crown. I don't wnat that off. Neutral
As for the pose, you have a good point. In TLOK, his pose is much more calm and stuff. Maybe GDKN should fix that.
kosheh wrote:Actually, if you want me to get picky about Korah, the only thing that I don't like about him is the way he holds his sword - it looks like it's incredibly cumbersome. When lifting the sword it's going to have him taking a few frames to do so, like Ike.
Also hypothetical situation - Korah's enemy could just put their foot on his sword and pin it to the ground . Even if it means half their leg freezing up, Korah would have difficulty lifting the blade from under their solid-planted foot and they'd have the opportunity to strike at his exposed midsection.
If he held the sword behind him, you'd be able to execute more attacks in less time because most of the animations would usually be having Korah swing the blade past his midsection and upward into the enemy's face, rather than him taking the blade, shift the weight behind him and then finally swinging the sword.

If Korah can hold the sword in one hand only while standing or jumping, do it. If not, it's not the end of the world but consider changing up the way Korah holds his sword. He could hold it two-handed during attacks for the sake of precision, but the sword really doesn't look particularly heavy, just long. >_>
All really good points about the way he holds his sword, but, but...
That's the way he's always held his sword. D:
It's just like, I don't know what to do. I like the way it is. And Korah's sword is supposed to be really dense while Snow's sword is very light. The swords are opposites.
Korah Hyoutetsu
Korah Hyoutetsu

Male Number of posts : 287

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Actions:

http://blizzardblade.forummotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nac Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:56 pm

kosheh wrote:
Deciton_Reven wrote:K, now tells us the individual reason each character looks lame.

Gladly!
Note I'm not looking at stats too seriously - which, most characters have rather generic ones. Most of the flaws are in character design; if you want to make a GOOD character you've got to get the courage to detach yourself from that character as much as possible - otherwise they'll turn into a Mary Sue and you'll become so paranoid that they won't be able to even throw a fireball without your permission if it means the characters gets hurt.

(i just saw while adding my post...lol, itsame)

Nini - looks too Angsty Sue with the "dark Nini" form.
Internet - pretty clever, but seems out of place in a game with blade-wielders and shirtless goth rockers. Seems a cross between "too good to leave out" and "slight godmod". You can balance out the Internet, but then he'd be incredibly underpowered!
Techdragon: He's a giant mechanical dragon. Why is he one of the fastest, more powerful characters?
The only way to make Techdragon work is as a giant, slow faux-final boss (a mini-boss, but still not THE final boss) with super armor. Then I could fight him all day and night.
Fire Blade: Generic. Wields a flaming sword. uhm
Jak: Cool character design (part skater, part Blues Brother) but he seems rather weak. If he's a water elemental and agility based what's he going to do, run across the stage shooting a water gun? >_>
Ben: He's the sword grabbing guy. I've seen this dude. Besides his stats (which look like he excels in agility while average in all else)
Okay, now look at his character design.
Chozo: Character design needs some work. I like how KFire's reppin' the Mulatto (usually it's white, black or ...Chun Li) but her backstory is too Spiderman-ish.
King Nergal: TBH, if he took his crown off while fighting and didn't stand so rigidly he'd look awesome. Neutral
Eriko: I like this character design somewhat, however she also has the Mary Sue problem. "i was teased all my life T__T but look at me now ^___^"
Itoya: OH GOD WHAT IS THIS POWER I WILL USE IT TO ATTACK THE NINJAS IN MY SCHOOL
Wristblades will also make for some really awkward attacks, being all he could possibly do is stab people by doing kung-fu-movie tiger paws
Mochran: Actually looks pretty good, just a little bland of an outfit. Maybe if he had a longer shirt-tail?
Chaos: A Gary Stu with DEMON WINGS AND A TAIL GRAAAAH
Lock: ...what? Any hit he takes is going to be a punch to the face!
Dracovirus: daschund dragon with internet breath :I
Chris: Uhm, a gambler. One day people are like KILL CHRIS and then Chris sees a SWOOORD and all of a sudden HE FIGHTS JAGUARS AND THEN AS A PRIZE HE HAS A ROBOTIC FACE
what? Also when you need prosthetics...uh, how on earth did he fight a pack of jaguars and win without being suddenly being unable to see, smell or hear? Unless he lost, then he's kind of a dope to just go and fight some lions for the hell of it.
Blaze: he's like all the bleach guys but with fire powers ):
Parker: a tracksuit shirt and jeans? :/ HI THIS IS THE FBI WE KILLED YOUR DAD
YOUR DAD WAS BAD
Living Shadow: ...I don't know what to say <_<
Glitch feels suspiciously like a Spiderman character. I'm not sure a Marvel character quite fits with the character designs in the game.
Grange looks pretty decent? That story, BEST NINJA EVER WENT TO HELL NOW THE DEVIL'S HIGH-RANKED ASSASSIN WHO SCOURS THE EARTH FOR A FIGHT
it's
what

Sam E. is...wow, really hard to criticize. xD He doesn't fit at all with the current cast of hardasses, has no backstory whatsoever and just...
he's a nerd, wtf. The only criticism is that I hear he's a character that "punishes for lag and messups", which pretty much describes any character in a fighting game. Razz
Even in a game like Smash Bros., Ike can do that. It just depends on the player's skill <_<

But yeah, most of the issues are in character design - look at Korah, GDKN, and how eccentric their designs are. THAT'S how a character should look.
Most of these characters are wearing typical everyday highschooler clothing and wielding a giant sword, or an obvious sprite edit. Some aren't but they've got their own design issues.

and then everyone on Eutopia hated kosheh in just one post.

*reads*
*sees there is no suggestion for Nac to improve shad*
*blames NF (Because it's always Nf's fault... that fricking backstabber!)*
*goes to NF's house, and kidnaps him*
Nac
Nac

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue100/100Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Deus Ex Angelo Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:58 pm

Korah does hold his sword weird...
Deus Ex Angelo
Deus Ex Angelo

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nini Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:05 pm

looks too angsty? "dark" Nini? Wow, you obviously haven't read on her at all nor anything about it so what gives you the right to say ANYTHING at all ? really now. It's made to be a character in a constant conflict with her inner humanity. A struggle of identity and what defines being human. She is meant as a deeper character with an unstable emotional psyche that eventually settles into what she becomes through life experience and combat. Not meant to be a true hero nor villain. I'd go on but you (should) get the picture. Don't judge what you don't know please ~.~
Nini
Nini

Female Number of posts : 23

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Deciton_Reven Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:09 pm

kosheh wrote:

okay GDKN

imagine SF3's Q

Fuk no. Keep the bastard away from my (new) character.

I also like how Alli wasn't criticized in your "Why your lame post". I withdrew Molly, that doesn't mean my other character gets her place. (Even though it should).
Deciton_Reven
Deciton_Reven

Number of posts : 111

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by theyellafella Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:13 pm

kosheh wrote:

okay GDKN

imagine SF3's Q

But that's not really how the character is supposed to be.
theyellafella
theyellafella

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Chozo~ Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Korah Hyoutetsu wrote:
kosheh wrote:
Korah Hyoutetsu wrote:
~Chozo~ wrote:
kosheh wrote:Every character looks lame except Chozo lol

If there's no limit I'm gonna go ahead and sketch up a few characters. I'm no GDKN or Nini (?) but I've got like two characters in mind already.
=]
=[
My comment didn't include the already approved characters - they're fine and that's why they're in the game x3
Oh...

Then I agree. Awesome!
Hah and Chozo is one of them >=]
*takes suggestions*
~Chozo~
~Chozo~

Number of posts : 152

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsameSMB Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:31 pm

kosheh wrote:
Korah Hyoutetsu wrote:
~Chozo~ wrote:

If there's no limit I'm gonna go ahead and sketch up a few characters. I'm no GDKN or Nini (?) but I've got like two characters in mind already.
=]
=[
My comment didn't include the already approved characters - they're fine and that's why they're in the game x3
Oh...

Then I agree. :wee:[/quote]But, er... Sam E. was approved, as much of a joke character as he is...
itsameSMB
itsameSMB

Male Number of posts : 128

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by kosheh Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Nini wrote:looks too angsty? "dark" Nini? Wow, you obviously haven't read on her at all nor anything about it so what gives you the right to say ANYTHING at all ? really now. It's made to be a character in a constant conflict with her inner humanity. A struggle of identity and what defines being human. She is meant as a deeper character with an unstable emotional psyche that eventually settles into what she becomes through life experience and combat. Not meant to be a true hero nor villain. I'd go on but you (should) get the picture. Don't judge what you don't know please ~.~
oh okay
i'll be honest, I didn't read the entire bio. I can't sit down and read 11 pages of an RP character's story while I'm working on a term paper ;_;
I sort of assumed, you know
Nini
and Nini

Thanks for summarizing her personality, though!

so lemme get this straight.

it's a character who is having a sort of mental struggle with oneself
striving to accept who she is and her place in society.
she's a character who looks rather normal on the outside but is really emotionally messed up,
so through fighting and through her life experiences (which, for the duration of the game, is fighting!)
she goes through the duration of the game discovering herself and ends up accepts herself for who she is.
which would be a femme fatale born to kick ass?

As moving as the character sounds, I feel like I've heard this story before - questing to find out who she really is, deep down

Nothing wrong with that, just as long as 10 other characters don't strive to find their inner person <_<

Itsame: I just kinda trolled through a few pages to find out who/what/where. Now to look at the character who I apparently missed.

Deciton: You know, you could make Neox into a human. :0
It kinda spoils the character some but if they're really awesome they should transition just fine.

But yeah, I didn't see Anna in this topic for some reason. :{
kosheh
kosheh

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Spaghetti Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 pm

Deciton_Reven wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:

Weapon: (nearly anything, but mainly a gun)
Strength: Short-Range Combat
Weakness: Long-Range Combat

Also, WTF is this? Uses a gun but is bad at long range fighting?
He's not very accurate. But I'll change it...

EDIT:
Spaghetti wrote:
Spaghetti wrote:Forget the Ben Meyer thing I posted. I got a better guy:

Parker Allen:

Bio: One day, when he was 15, Parker came home and saw a bunch of FBI agents there. They told Parker that his father was a spy and was killed...and that he was also an Axiem. The Axiem power was passed onto Parker and Parker, now 17 years old, works as a spy for the FBI, and goes through alot more than any other spy would.

10:

Strength: Arrow Arrow Arrow
Agility: Arrow Arrow Arrow
Resilience: Arrow Arrow
Stamina: Arrow Arrow

14:

Strength: Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Agility: Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Resilience: Arrow Arrow Arrow
Stamina: Arrow Arrow Arrow

Weapon: (nearly anything, but mainly a gun)
Strength: Short-Range Combat
Weakness: Dodging/Blocking Attacks.

Weight: heavy

Pic:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Parkerallenidlemb7

EDIT: Better animation: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img11/669/parkerallenidleds4.gif

I forgot some stuff:

Pros:
Fast
Strong
Can jump high.

Cons:
Not very accurate
Can't block/dodge attacks very well
Creating an object takes time
better?
Spaghetti
Spaghetti

Male Number of posts : 15

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

http://www.yourfaceismadeofcarbondioxide.com/suicide.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by kosheh Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:14 pm

Posting a character I managed to doodle up today.

Doesn't have a name or a bio.
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Etwchara1
She's a ninja from a women-dominated clan that grows out their hair in a long ponytail. Cutting the ponytail above the neckline shows dishonor to the clan and thus those women are either killed or banished from returning.
Optionally I was going to make it a long scarf that wraps around her neck; but I don't know - if she gets a good reception it's up to Kaze, really.
She wears a flower in her hair - which, is her elemental. yeah, she could have controlled fire, water, electricity, but nope - she's got FLOWER POWER on her side. Most of her specials result in an explosion of cherry blossom petals.
She wears cotton wrapping like everywhere - on her arms, legs, chest (she's well-endowed, Itsame, but wraps her chest to make her chest look flatter and less of a uh, "distraction")
I didn't really want to get too detailed with a bio because then she's be a little more flexible in the ETW universe as a bio could be created for her once she gets in that'll let her mesh in more easily and interact with the other characters.

I figured she'd very very quick and agile, being able to wall-jump numerous times and throwing kunai left and right.
She also can string together very long combos against her opponents, but she is very weak. She's mainly a hit-and-run character as she also can't take hits very easily, she's delicate as a flower. ;A;

14:
Strength: O
Agility: O O O O O O
Resiliance: O O
Stamina: O O O O O

10:
Strength: O
Agility: O O O O
Resiliance: O
Stamina: O O O O

She's a lightweight.

The other character I came up with needs a little bit more work as I gave her a chain-sword. Nergal's already got one. ):
So instead I'm just gonna arm her with a balisong
kosheh
kosheh

Back to top Go down

Post by Nini Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:57 pm

kosheh wrote:
Nini wrote:looks too angsty? "dark" Nini? Wow, you obviously haven't read on her at all nor anything about it so what gives you the right to say ANYTHING at all ? really now. It's made to be a character in a constant conflict with her inner humanity. A struggle of identity and what defines being human. She is meant as a deeper character with an unstable emotional psyche that eventually settles into what she becomes through life experience and combat. Not meant to be a true hero nor villain. I'd go on but you (should) get the picture. Don't judge what you don't know please ~.~
oh okay
i'll be honest, I didn't read the entire bio. I can't sit down and read 11 pages of an RP character's story while I'm working on a term paper ;_;
I sort of assumed, you know
Nini
and Nini

Thanks for summarizing her personality, though!

so lemme get this straight.

it's a character who is having a sort of mental struggle with oneself
striving to accept who she is and her place in society.
she's a character who looks rather normal on the outside but is really emotionally messed up,
so through fighting and through her life experiences (which, for the duration of the game, is fighting!)
she goes through the duration of the game discovering herself and ends up accepts herself for who she is.
which would be a femme fatale born to kick ass?

As moving as the character sounds, I feel like I've heard this story before - questing to find out who she really is, deep down

Nothing wrong with that, just as long as 10 other characters don't strive to find their inner person <_<

Itsame: I just kinda trolled through a few pages to find out who/what/where. Now to look at the character who I apparently missed.

Deciton: You know, you could make Neox into a human. :0
It kinda spoils the character some but if they're really awesome they should transition just fine.

But yeah, I didn't see Anna in this topic for some reason. :{

Well i wasnt going to go through every last detail. I didn't want to become pretentious, but there is slightly more to it. There is as of yet a small amount of symbolism. Greyish skin, grey is a color of neutrality, grey can be associated with being enigmatic, vague, without a solid substance. The scattered remnants of her natural hair color evident in her stark black hair is symbolic of her former human self. There's always a contrast going on. While she can be 'deadly' she's isn't quite meant to be an indestructible juggernaut. She has many physical and psychological weaknesses. Apart from her herself, her story is a bit more broad. The main theme is of the concept of what constitutes good and what constitutes evil. Are they, like her, simply shades of grey, without any definite pure good/evil. What defines what we perceive to be moral and immoral. What makes something a just cause, etc, whats in her and her sister's bio's are simply prologue's to my ongoing work on the full story, while im no top ace writer.. im learning, and im trying to better myself . Anyway..

I apologize if i was a tad bit feral before.. ._.; really..
Nini
Nini

Female Number of posts : 23

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by <Na>Suliboy Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:36 am

kosheh wrote:
Mochran: Actually looks pretty good, just a little bland of an outfit. Maybe if he had a longer shirt-tail?
Awesome!

Though I see what you mean with the shirt tail, but it'd be kinda going against all the costumes and story and stuff along with him. The armor he wears actually has a pretty decent role in his character...

I'll make a formal post in a bit, never got to that...

Edit: Aw, whatever, here:

Image:
-To be replaced-

Sprite:

Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Mochra16

Pros
-Vast, broad set of skills
-Well rounded
-Generally strong
-Implementation of elemental attacks against weaknesses
-Quick learning curve
-Good range and powerful close-combat
-Good defense against physical attacks

Cons
-Harder to control
-Clumsy close-range fighting
-Attacks have large delay
-Doesn't have any extraordinary stat raises
-Skills require alot of energy to use
-Little defense against non-physical attacks

Indiffs
-Laggy attacks, though powerful in close combat
-Elemental damage from certain attacks and skills
-Falls fast

Backstory
WAAY too long for a forum post, I'll make a topic somewhere else later...Be on the lookout, its long and detailed =w=

Statistics
Strength: Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Agility: Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Resiliance: Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Stamina: Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Weight
Between light and heavy, leaning more towards heavy.
<Na>Suliboy
<Na>Suliboy

Male Number of posts : 37

http://blackcitadelforums.5forum.net/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Luigimanman Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:48 am

how do you know if you get in?

Luigimanman

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by KAZECoyote Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:54 am

Luigimanman wrote:how do you know if you get in?
If i say "approved"
KAZECoyote
KAZECoyote
Admin

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Deciton_Reven Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:03 pm

Deciton_Reven wrote:Can I request a character change? I think I want to switch out from Molly to Alli.

Spoiler:

I added "Fighting Style" to the submission.

COMING SOON:

Alli's villain THE BAILIFF!
Jury, Judge, But mostly, Executioner!

A hint at him:

Strength: Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Agility: Arrow
Resilience: Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Stamina: Arrow

Weight: Gaint.
Deciton_Reven
Deciton_Reven

Number of posts : 111

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Eriko Hemming Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:38 pm

kosheh wrote:
Korah Hyoutetsu wrote:
~Chozo~ wrote:

=]
=[
Deciton_Reven wrote:K, now tells us the individual reason each character looks lame.
Gladly!
Note I'm not looking at stats too seriously - which, most characters have rather generic ones. Most of the flaws are in character design; if you want to make a GOOD character you've got to get the courage to detach yourself from that character as much as possible - otherwise they'll turn into a Mary Sue and you'll become so paranoid that they won't be able to even throw a fireball without your permission if it means the characters gets hurt.

(i just saw while adding my post...lol, itsame)

Nini - looks too Angsty Sue with the "dark Nini" form.
Internet - pretty clever, but seems out of place in a game with blade-wielders and shirtless goth rockers. Seems a cross between "too good to leave out" and "slight godmod". You can balance out the Internet, but then he'd be incredibly underpowered!
Techdragon: He's a giant mechanical dragon. Why is he one of the fastest, more powerful characters?
The only way to make Techdragon work is as a giant, slow faux-final boss (a mini-boss, but still not THE final boss) with super armor. Then I could fight him all day and night.
Fire Blade: Generic. Wields a flaming sword. uhm
Jak: Cool character design (part skater, part Blues Brother) but he seems rather weak. If he's a water elemental and agility based what's he going to do, run across the stage shooting a water gun? >_>
Ben: He's the sword grabbing guy. I've seen this dude. Besides his stats (which look like he excels in agility while average in all else)
Okay, now look at his character design.
Chozo: Character design needs some work. I like how KFire's reppin' the Mulatto (usually it's white, black or ...Chun Li) but her backstory is too Spiderman-ish.
King Nergal: TBH, if he took his crown off while fighting and didn't stand so rigidly he'd look awesome. Neutral
Eriko: I like this character design somewhat, however she also has the Mary Sue problem. "i was teased all my life T__T but look at me now ^___^"
Itoya: OH GOD WHAT IS THIS POWER I WILL USE IT TO ATTACK THE NINJAS IN MY SCHOOL
Wristblades will also make for some really awkward attacks, being all he could possibly do is stab people by doing kung-fu-movie tiger paws
Chaos: A Gary Stu with DEMON WINGS AND A TAIL GRAAAAH
Lock: ...what? Any hit he takes is going to be a punch to the face!
Dracovirus: daschund dragon with internet breath :I
Chris: Uhm, a gambler. One day people are like KILL CHRIS and then Chris sees a SWOOORD and all of a sudden HE FIGHTS JAGUARS AND THEN AS A PRIZE HE HAS A ROBOTIC FACE
what? Also when you need prosthetics...uh, how on earth did he fight a pack of jaguars and win without being suddenly being unable to see, smell or hear? Unless he lost, then he's kind of a dope to just go and fight some lions for the hell of it.
Blaze: he's like all the bleach guys but with fire powers ):
Parker: a tracksuit shirt and jeans? :/ HI THIS IS THE FBI WE KILLED YOUR DAD
YOUR DAD WAS BAD
Living Shadow: ...I don't know what to say <_<
Glitch feels suspiciously like a Spiderman character. I'm not sure a Marvel character quite fits with the character designs in the game.
Grange looks pretty decent? That story, BEST NINJA EVER WENT TO HELL NOW THE DEVIL'S HIGH-RANKED ASSASSIN WHO SCOURS THE EARTH FOR A FIGHT
it's
what

Sam E. is...wow, really hard to criticize. xD He doesn't fit at all with the current cast of hardasses, has no backstory whatsoever and just...
he's a nerd, wtf. The only criticism is that I hear he's a character that "punishes for lag and messups", which pretty much describes any character in a fighting game. Razz
Even in a game like Smash Bros., Ike can do that. It just depends on the player's skill <_<

But yeah, most of the issues are in character design - look at Korah, GDKN, and how eccentric their designs are. THAT'S how a character should look.
Most of these characters are wearing typical everyday highschooler clothing and wielding a giant sword, or an obvious sprite edit. Some aren't but they've got their own design issues.

and then everyone on Eutopia hated kosheh in just one post.

Much appreciated , Thats not how I want her portrayed I'll keep my orignal thought up untill I write more in depth

Edit: I think the stats need to be looked over again , without trying to even everything up
Eriko Hemming
Eriko Hemming

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by kosheh Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Eriko Hemming wrote:Much appreciated , Thats not how I want her portrayed I'll keep my orignal thought up untill I write more in depth

Edit: I think the stats need to be looked over again , without trying to even everything up
Actually you could remove any Mary-Sueness just by changing the character's name lol

Deciton: NOW I REMEMBER WHY I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING, I HONESTLY REMEMBER READING THE POST

I really didn't have any comments to make on her tl;dr she's fine. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the awkward leg-positioning on the sprite and the hairstyle - hate sounding rude but her anatomy is quite off <_<

I have people (including KAZE) asking about my fan character; to submit it for ETW, but I've got to make some changes first because as-is he'd just end up being Sam E. (or Kosh E.?) so I'm gonna make a few modifications on the character to make him a little more suited for ETW's story.

He might be a little Gary-Stuish though because if I don't yeah Kosh E.
kosheh
kosheh

Back to top Go down

Post by KAZECoyote Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:08 pm

kosheh wrote:
Eriko Hemming wrote:Much appreciated , Thats not how I want her portrayed I'll keep my orignal thought up untill I write more in depth

Actually you could remove any Mary-Sueness just by changing the character's name lol

Deciton: NOW I REMEMBER WHY I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING, I HONESTLY REMEMBER READING THE POST

I really didn't have any comments to make on her tl;dr she's fine. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the awkward leg-positioning on the sprite and the hairstyle - hate sounding rude but her anatomy is quite off <_<

I have people (including KAZE) asking about my fan character; to submit it for ETW, but I've got to make some changes first because as-is he'd just end up being Sam E. (or Kosh E.?) so I'm gonna make a few modifications on the character to make him a little more suited for ETW's story.

Wait what?
KAZECoyote
KAZECoyote
Admin

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by halfangelfreak Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Well, I'll submit Sumizome:Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Sumizome
Pros: Non-generic villain. Uses Halberd, for variety in weapons.
Cons: How would you make Half-angel form fit in with the game?
Backstory:While fighting Sen Misurai, Sen's partner came, and Sumizome killed her. Sen, with the goddesses power, turned into an angel, his soul merged with his halberd right there. When Sumizome got stabbed by Sen's halberd a piece of the metal stayed in him. He aquired the power of the goddess, but with his twisted, evil soul, he bended his angel half of his race into a poisonous plasm, he lost his true human form. Now he has to use his never ending life force to keep his form, because of this state he can morph his body into any form. He used these powers along with his power of angels to earn him the nick-name "halfangelfreak". If he, himself touches any wound the enemy with said wound would get poisoned.
Weapon: Dark Halberd, made from his life-energy

Last edited by halfangelfreak on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong hero)
halfangelfreak
halfangelfreak

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue500/500Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by kosheh Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:43 pm

KAZECoyote wrote:
kosheh wrote:

Wait what?
owned.

I recall you asking me "Kosheh, do you have a fan character?" in the IRC last night

From people constantly asking me on this forum (mostly in the chatbox) if I have a fan character, I kinda got the idea that people want me to add my character into the game. So I've been considering making my fancharacter ETW-friendly.

meaning not a sam e. clone
kosheh
kosheh

Back to top Go down

Post by KAZECoyote Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:47 pm

halfangelfreak wrote:Well, I'll submit Sumizome:Eutopia *playable* Character submissons/suggestions - Page 8 Sumizome
Pros: Non-generic villain. Uses Halberd, for variety in weapons.
Cons: How would you make Half-angel form fit in with the game?
Backstory:While fighting Gold Misurai, Gold's partner came, and Sumizome killed her. Gold, with the goddesses power, turned into an angel, his soul merged with his halberd right there. When Sumizome got stabbed by Gold's halberd a piece of the metal stayed in him. He aquired the power of the goddess, but with his twisted, evil soul, he bended his angel half of his race into a poisonous plasm, he lost his true human form. Now he has to use his never ending life force to keep his form, because of this state he can morph his body into any form. He used these powers along with his power of angels to earn him the nick-name "halfangelfreak". If he, himself touches any wound the enemy with said wound would get poisoned.
Weapon: Dark Halberd, made from his life-energy

an ACTUAL VILLAIN Awesome!

@kosh: oooh... IDR XD
KAZECoyote
KAZECoyote
Admin

Character
Eutopia RP HP:
Actions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next